Thursday, January 20, 2011

It Takes A Village To Have Smooth Skin

The first post that I did on this blog dealt with the very serious problem of dry skin in my new dry climate (http://judishur.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-no-one-told-me.html).   Well, I am very happy to report that I have, with the help of friends, conquered my sandpaperlike dermal issues.



First, my friend Haley recommended a humidifier for the bedroom.  We went in search of one, only to find a large crowd (I'm not exaggerating) surrounding the humidifier section of the store.  We could barely squeeze our way closer to the products.  The question that we had is why all of these people didn't already have humidifiers?


Second, my friend Chuck recommended Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion.  He promised me that it would moisturize without feeling sticky, and it did deliver.  I just wonder why any product needs seven words in its name.  (Note:  this is an unsolicited commercial - I'm happy that it helps.)


And last but not least, my friend Kitty sent me the tool pictured above.  It looks like something that you would find in a gynecologist's office but it is actually an applicator to put lotion on places that you can't reach, like your itchy back.  The part on the right is a spongy applicator that can be replaced as needed.

This three-pronged approach has done its job.  Thanks to my village of friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment