Thursday, March 31, 2011

Quarterly Review

Since I write this post on the last day of the first quarter of 2011, I can't help but look back at my new year's resolutions that I was bold enough to publish on this blog.  After all, once you put it out there for the world (or, in this case, a few readers) to see, you have to act on these resolutions, right?

I'm pleased to report that some progress has been made.  My two perennial resolutions, lose weight and have more fun, are still works in progress.  As I've always said, you can never have too much fun, so the second will never end.  Losing weight almost seems to be in that category as well, but what can I say, I'm trying at least.  I recently started working with a trainer (Courtney a/k/a Killer), and I'm hoping that this will be the motivation that I need.  She's making me write down each and every thing that I put in my mouth, and she reads through the log like a fascinating novel.  Since I have to write it down, it really does make me consider what I do and don't eat.  So we'll see, but I'm hoping that this is a good step in the right direction.

As for my specific 2011 resolutions, I'm extremely happy to report that, as of 11:30 a.m. EST today, I have achieved one of them, that being selling our Atlanta house.  While I loved living in that house while we were in Atlanta, once we moved and left it empty, it was just one big albatross that required the paying of many bills each month to keep it going.  It's a big relief, and I hope the nice family who bought it will enjoy it as much as we did.

My fourth and final resolution at the beginning of this year was to create a new life in Denver.  This isn't something that can happen overnight or even in a few months.  I recognize that it's a long process, and it probably won't be completed by the end of this year.  My recollection is that it took me about two years to feel comfortable in Atlanta, and we've only been here 4 1/2 months.  So I continue to take baby steps in settling into life here. 

So, all in all, not a bad quarterly review.  I'm working on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment