Thursday, July 12, 2012

Boston Getaway

Boston Common

There are times when I feel quite lucky to go to nice places as a tagalong.  Barry had a meeting to attend in Boston, and I was able to go as well.  I haven't been to Boston in a long time - I can't actually remember the last time I was there but it's probably been at least 25 years.

It was fun to reacquaint and to be a tourist there.  A great big plus of the trip was staying at the beautiful Fairmont Copley Plaza in the Back Bay area, a very elegant hotel celebrating its 100th anniversary with a major renovation.  

While Boston was a nice change from Denver, the trip made me realize that almost any change in scenery is a great refresher for the spirit.  I think we sometimes underestimate how invigorating it is to go to a different locale, look at new things with a new eye, be a real tourist and try to wring as much out of each day as possible.  When I'm home, it's so easy to fall into the same ruts, the same patterns without really meaning to do so.  

Here are some photos to enjoy my Boston tourist experience vicariously. 

The Beautiful Boston Public Library
More Boston Public Library
Great Shopping on Newbury Street
Charles River
Chihuly Glass Sculpture at Museum of Fine Arts
Boston Public Library
Fairmont Copley Plaza
Museum of Fine Arts
Museum of Fine Arts




No comments:

Post a Comment